Monday, May 19, 2014

Play Dead!

The hatchery girls are now 15 weeks old, and it's about time to downsize.  I went to Hope and came home with 6 more chicks yesterday (three Black Copper Marans, two Buff Laced Polish, and another OE) but I sold my older blue OE to Erin so I really brought home five.  Chicken logic.  It works  

In my attempts to look around, I think I've decided some of the ones I'm willing to sell.  All of the EEs that I'm getting rid of (three total) are already spoken for.  
Here's the list:
  • 3 EEs (sold)
  • Ravyne the Black Polish (hen, laying) $20
  • 1 Salmon Faverolle (pullet, 15 weeks old) $15
  • 1 Production Red (pullet, 15 weeks old) $15
  • 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte (pullet, 14 weeks old) $13 (sold)
  • 2 New Hampshire Reds (pullets, 12 weeks old) $10 each
  • 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte (pullet, 12 weeks old ) $10 (sold)
  • 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes (straight run, 5 weeks old) $5 each (sold)
  • 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte (straight run, 5 weeks old) $5 each (sold)
I'm supposed to have some one calling me to pick out 4, so I'll have more available.  I don't know which ones are going yet.  I took some pictures though.  Time to look through them.
Little Red playing dead






5 week old GLW

5 week old SLW

The white one is an unknown breed...  
Some one mentioned she could be an Amber-Link.


Rocky:  What have we here?

Rocky:  What did you bring here?


Some of the EEs.  I'm keeping the grey-faced one.


Cookie

Amber






See?  I have too many in this coop.  
17 total right now (soon to be 12 when the Wyandottes are sold).








Wyandottes



The 17 stuck with their flocks and usually keep segregated. 
The oldest group (three EEs, Rocky, and the oldest SLW)

There in the back corner are the ones I bought yesterday 
(an OE, 3 BCMs, and inside 2 Polish)

The Youngest set of Wyandottes + Amber










Obsidian
















Amber is visiting with the OE and BCMs.
She's about the same age, so it stands to reason they would fit together.


OE got pooped on



Salmon Faverolle

Little Red










Mother's Day!  I had a snake in my coop. Long story short, I pulled it out, I was bitten, I went to the ER, I'm okay, the end.  LOL  P.S.  It was just a rat snake (non-venomous) and I needed a tetanus shot since the last one I had was when I was 15 years old because I was bitten by a dog.  See a pattern here?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment