Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fence Raising

Image result for small heart emojiWe hosted a bitty productive party to get the fence finished.  Paid people in beer and crawfish! Loved it!  I believe it was a success, thanks to a couple of Terry's old co-workers.  We still had a ton of crawfish left over, I had enough for 2lb 9oz of shelled crawfish, and we gave some out afterwards.  Worth it!  I see some étouffée in my near future.

The cows were put out in the pasture, and they were so excited!  They were all over the place, tasting this, eating that, lick, lick, lick.

Obviously, they are very happy being there.

  As Promised, here are some picture of a couple of broodies.  They are out on the porch right now.  They'll have to come back in before bed.  Snakes are bad this time of year.  Thankfully, I haven't seen any yet, but it's still early, and it is inevitable.


Guess what!  The eggs under Myrtle hatched yesterday!  5 out of 5 hatched, but sadly, one was lost.  I don't know what happened, but it was long gone when we discovered it.  This morning, they were removed from the coop and put into a cage until they can get a bit bigger to defend themselves.  In other words, stick with Mommy 24/7.


The Ameraucanas are doing well.  I got a few pictures of their wing feathers growing out.  I'm not sure if the wheaten are splash, blue, or regular yet.  I will have to ask some expert opinions on them soon.  I'm fairly certain I have a few splash wheatens.
^White        .........        ^Blue
Both of these are a wheaten of some type...  Both are beautiful, without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment