Monday, February 24, 2014

Duck Brooder & Chick Pics

Duck Brooder:


They are right next to the chicks so they have all the sounds to help keep them calm.  The Niacin seems to be working well for little Nemo.  She's able to roll back over if she rolls now, and she enjoys her daily swims in the little plastic tub.

The four young cockerels are doing well out in the big coop.




They have started their "macho" stand-offs.





Splash, the OE

Ravyne is so cool.

Terry has finished (aside from adding shingles to the roof) the breeding coop.  It is big enough for 5 or 6 grown chickens, but I decided to put the four cockerels and the two OEs in so they can have some peace from the older crowd.  I don't have a picture of them in it yet, but here's one of Domino.  I put him in there to see how he would like it.  He wasn't happy.  LOL

The little pullets are all doing well.  I took many many pictures, but I'll try to post just a few of each.  They are definitely going through the ugly molting stage, but some still look very pretty.

Jersey Giants




Buff Orpington










Olive Egger









Easter Eggers











Salmon Faverolles






Welsummers (though I'm still wondering if one is an EE...)











Mottled Houdans








Don't forget, I also have some eggs that are due to hatch tomorrow.  Wish me luck for the best hatch rate ever with shipped eggs!  I've heard a couple of peeps coming from them, so we'll see how many we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment