Friday, February 14, 2014

New Olive Eggers

Erin and I went to meet a fellow chicken fancier and bought some Olive Eggers.  The OEs were advertised as 12 weeks old, but I was told some may be 16 weeks old.  They are very pretty.  Together, we bought six.  Two are mine, and Erin took the other four.  There were two blue, two black, an in-between of blue and black, and a splash.  I took the in-between and the splash.  I got home a bit late, so they are sitting in a box in my living room.  I hope they won't get loose and run around my house before I wake up in the morning.  I didn't want to stick them out in the coop while my coop chickens are roosting.  I wanted to be there to see how the older guys react to these OEs.  I also took a lot of pictures of the younger flock.

Olive Eggers







Easter Eggers








Black Jersey Giants







Salmon Faverolles







Welsummers 
(I'm thinking one of the "Welsummers" may actually be an EE...)












Mottled Houdans









Buff Orpington





Olive Egger






I hope you enjoy looking at my pictures as much as I did taking them.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment